How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've got limited leave to remain in the uk because my

This answer was rated:

Hi I've got limited leave to remain in the uk because my daughter is a british citizen which she obtained through her father my ex husband.I'm pregnant with my second child but my boyfriend is an overstayer can he get leave to remain based upon the baby when it's born please?


I have answered your question on the other thread that you submitted.,


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thanks we've been together for 6 months
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But the baby will have same status as me limited leave to remain will that be an issue since the baby is not British or indefinite leave to remain but I've got a visa with no recourse to public funds

Please see my answer on the other thread..


Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi I've got a limited leave to remain visa with no recourse to public funds and I've got a british citizen child with a british can i claim child benefit for her please because I can't claim it for her.

Please kindly leave feedback to your question and I shall attempt to assist.


Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've rated the question can i get an answer please


I am sorry but it's highly likely the home office would regard you claiming child benefit as breaching the condition of no recourse to public funds.

You should ask the British father to claim the benefits for the child and get them to reimburse you, though I appreciate that this may be difficult.


Related UK Immigration Law Questions