How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 32990
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am due to return home for visa renewal. I stumbled on a

Customer Question

I am due to return home for visa renewal. I stumbled on a letter of fines,notices and collection. I later found out it was a letter from the court which has expected me to respond guity or not guilty. Someone had impersonated me and registered my name on a car. I went to the solicitor who said I need to do a statutory declaration. Do you think this can help my visa to be granted?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 11 months ago.

Do you have proof that they impersonated you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's the person we stay together. And he's ready to take the blame for it. I will like to know the process the declaration could take please!!
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 11 months ago.

I see. A statutory document is a court document. A number of sites provide precedent documents. I attach herewith one for change of name (but the form is the same).

You can basically however write your own on an A4 piece of paper making it as a statutory declaration.

It is a legal requirement that statutory declarations made contain the wording below. If a statutory declaration is received where this wording is not included, it will not be acceptable:

“I (name) do solemnly and sincerely ***** ***** follows.. .. .. .. and I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835.”

Happy to discuss but please rate positive.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 11 months ago.

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 11 months ago.


Can you please rate POSITIVE for the answers which I have provided. Happy to assist further. Thanks

Related UK Immigration Law Questions