How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girlfriend has been diagnosed with cancer and has also

Customer Question

My girlfriend has been diagnosed with cancer and has also only been giving about 6-8 months left to live. She is a resident and citizen of the UK. She has asked me to move out to the UK with her for her final months of life. I need to be able to create some type of income while I am there and need to know what I can do. And what will be my fastest method, as time is of the essence.Thank you for your time
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Are you asking the question in relation to a work permit/visa or with regard to what kind of job will create the quickest income?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm asking in the sense of what can I do to still earn some type of income while I am there. The money I have saved will not be enough to keep living on, while still paying bills for very long. I understand I can apply for a work visa, but what are other options? Do they take this kind of emergency into consideration? What are my other options. Considering she doesn't have much time to wait weeks for this and that only to not know if I have been approved. I need other options as the only ones I'm finding take too long and the cost is fairly high.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 11 months ago.

The only way that you would get income in the short term like this would be to work illegally and I cannot suggest that you do that.

There is no provision to allow someone to work on an emergency basis like this.

All the normal jobs require an interviewing process and that could easily take 2 months which is time that you may not have.

There are employment agencies that will deal with casual work but unless you are an obvious British subject, they are going to want proof of work permit otherwise they face prosecution along with the employer.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions