Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My documents was stollen and I had my passport letters from

Customer Question

My documents was stollen and I had my passport letters from hm revenues my driving licence with the counter parts. Am a family member of eea national I have 5 yrs Residence card which will run out in September 2017. What can I do to get my rc back or should I just apply for permanent residence card because I can provide a 5 yrs of living together with my eu partner. Pls advise
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If the residence card has been stolen then you need to report it to home office immediately. This is very important, it’s part of your responsibilities that you must carry out if you have one. Details on how you can do this are here:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/report-a-lost-or-stolen-card

You will also see that you will need to give the police case reference number/crime reference number when you provide details to the home office, so you should also report it to the police if you have not done so already.

You will have to then apply for a replacement residence card before you can apply for PR. This is simply so that it’s makes your application for permanent residence much much simpler and easy to decide upon:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/replace

Once you have received your RC then you can apply for PR.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom