Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My husband and I are planning to apply standard visitor

Customer Question

My husband and I are planning to apply for UK standard visitor visa(tourist).I am unemployed(a housewife) and fully supported by my husband. I am not sure how to answer some of the following questions in visa application.
What is the ownership status of your home? Do I say “I rent it” or “i live with my family” since my husband pays the rent. Rent lease agreement is in both our names.
I have a joint savings account with my husband. For question “Do you have another income or any savings ”, do I answer “no”(since I don't work) or say “yes” because I have joint savings account with husband.
How much money are you planning to spend on your visit to the UK?
Since my entire trip is paid for by husband, I would be spending $0, but in application it won't let me put $0, what amount do I write? My portion of air ticket, food and tourist attraction cost? Do I need to include hotel cost too? But that amount is already covered in husbands application. Or do I write entire cost for our trip and make a note in comment section saying that, the amount I mentioned is for both of us?
My confusion is, will I get in trouble if write a too low amount (i.e. $1). If I write entire cost of trip, for example say $5000, its like we are mentioning the cost twice,once in my husband's application and again in my application. Will it look like too high amount to spend.
How much money do you spend each month?
I am fully supported by my husband. So essentially answer is $0. But in application it wont let me put $0, what amount do I write? In my husbands application,he has mentioned our entire household spending for the month. Do I repeat the same amount and make a note in comment section that the amount is entire household expenditure. Or write some other amount?
Who is paying towards the cost of your visit? --I am going to write husband.
How much money will they be paying towards your visit?
Why are they helping to pay for your visit? – I am traveling with . His GWF #: XXXX, Passport #: XXXX. Mention that he is providing letter to support that he will cover all my expenses for the trip. Also mention that, I will provided statements of our joint bank account. ----Is this answer ok?
Travel history: How many times have you been to U.K, canada, usa,australia,schengen,New zeland in past 10years?-- we have been to some of the above countries, but not in past 10 years. Would it help to mention it in comment section?
In comment section: I am going to write-- “husbands GWF application #:XXX and passport #:XXX. Mention that he is providing letter to support that he will cover all my expenses for the trip. Also mention that, I will provided statements of our joint bank account.” Is there anything else i need to mention.
we will provide employers letter, pay slips, leave approval,support letter by husband, marriage cretificate, bank statement.
Does the bank account need to show a healthy amount enough to cover trip expense and some more money left over. Would bank a/c having double or triple the amount of money needed for the trip cause any problem
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 12 months ago.

Me

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

It is thus rented. The fact that you are married in the key part.

You answer Yes because it is joint.

I would put half of how much your husband proposes to spend.

Again I would put of how much your husband spends

I hope I have answered your questions . Please rate positive.

i would also have the bank account show at least triple if possible

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for the answer. I am not sure if i can ask further questions if i rate you now. I will definitely rate after asking the questions. I hope that is OK.
Can you please answer these questions:
1) For the question “Who is paying towards the cost of your visit?”--I am going to write “husband”. And for the question “Why are they helping to pay for your visit?” I am going to write that I am traveling with husband. His GWF application #: XXXX, Passport #: XXXX. He is providing a letter stating that he will cover all my expenses for the trip. I am also going to mention that, I will provide statements of our joint bank account. ----Is this answer OK?2) For the following Travel history question: “How many times have you been to U.K, Canada, USA, Australia, schengen, New Zealand in past 10years?”-- we have visited some of the above countries, but not in past 10 years but before that. Would it help in the visa decision making process if we mention the year we traveled to these countries in the comment section of the application?3) At the end of the application, in the comment section I am going to write-- Husband's GWF application #:XXX and passport #:XXX. I am going to mention that he is providing a letter stating that he will cover all my expenses for the trip. I am also going to mention that, I will provided statements of our joint bank account. Did I miss anything that I can mention in this section?4) What is the average reference amount set by U.K for daily subsistence for a tourist if staying in London hotel?

I will happily answer. You can rate positive and it still allows me to answer.

1. This is perfectly correct.

2. They are only interested in the last ten years - it will not make any difference for dates prior

3. That makes perfect sense.

4. You would be looking at between £200-£300 per day. You can get cheaper but this is more realistic.

Hi

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 11 months ago.

Hi

I hope that this answer was of assistance, so please now take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars). This is extremely important in this process. I can continue and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you

I see you have not rated yet. Is there any other questions that I can help you with?

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you