How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10528
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking into the application document certifying

Customer Question

Hello there,
I'm looking into the application for a document certifying permanent residence (Polish nationality). I have been in the UK since end of June 2005.
1. I don't know where my WRS card is. Would it be a problem?
2. Do I need to give all employment and public funds data since my arrival (as stated) or the last 5 years is enough?
Would you advise please? Thank you, Dana
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****a, here is a link to the form to be filled in to apply for a Permanent Residence card together with guidance notes for filling it in. Be aware that whilst the official forms seek all details of your stay in the UK, the legal requirement is purely for the last five years. Under the EEA Regulations you don't need to provide additional material. However, be aware that the Home Office will have this information anyway. So, if you have mislaid your WRS card it will make no difference. Ultimately, it is only the last five years which are important. Once you have your Permanent Residence card for one year, you can apply for UK citizenship which will solve any problems arising from the UK leaving the EU. Be aware that you can hold dual Polish-UK nationality ie hold both passports.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions