Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Wish to apply permanent residence

Customer Question

wish to apply for uk permanent residence
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

What nationality are you please?

Are you already in the UK?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tom,I am Portuguese, and currently living in the UK.I moved to the UK in December 2003.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Is there any additional information you think I should know before I draft my answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be easier to talk and explain. Are you free to talk now?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

As a solicitor, I can only type answers so I cannot call. Please simply post what details you consider relevant and I will reply.

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I cannot have a phone call because for solicitors we can only type replies.

Please post any details you consider relevant and I will either ask clarifications or answer your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, when I made payment it clearly stated "talk with a solicitor" not chat. So I am confused about this.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

It's a US site unfortunately, rules are a little different for UK solicitors..

Do you wish to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I continue I would like to please know how you would help fill in forms (as an additional service) for permanent residence etc after this initial step if we cannot talk?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

No. If you wish for a solicitor to help or complete the forms for you then you would have to instruct a solicitor directly in person, for which you would have to pay considerably more in fees (ie. £400-700 + VAT)

This site is for general questions/answers only.

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand paying the extra fees. When I paid it clearly stated talk. In this case do not want to begin. Thank you for your time. Paulo
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

No problem. I'll request a refund.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great. Thank you very much Tom. All the best.