INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I would like to apply residence permit, however I 't have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I would like to apply for permanent residence permit, however I don't have wrs certificate. I'm polish. I have been working in this country for 10 years
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Since 2011 polish nationals don't have to register do work.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

Can you prove that you have been residing in he UK an exercising treaty rights for the last 5 years?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can. I have been working here for over 10 years, however only the last 5 years I don't have to register with Home Office. I should have been registered with Workers Register Scheme until the end of April 2011. But I wasn't. That scheme haa been abolished since 2011 and now I don't have any restrictions to work in uk.
Many thanks
Mags
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.

You will still be eligible to apply f9r permanent residence provided you have been here for the last 5 years and can evidence it.

The early WRS was abolished f9r Polish nationals in 2011, it is now 2016 and that is 5 years you have been in the UK.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards