How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Canadian sentenced to 3years served 13months deported and

Customer Question

Canadian sentenced to 3years served 13months deported and told that can returned UK after expiry of sentence. Do I need visa to enter UK and where to apply to remove deportation and visa"
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.


Where was the sentence served,

When you say deported, from where?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sentence served at HMP Standford Hill, Church Road, Eastchurch, Sheerness, Kent ME12-4AA, Prison No. LM6346
Sentenced on 31 October 2003 (already 45 days in custody) originally charged with possession of fraudulent documents and conspiracy to defraud persons unknown for 6 years, sentence appealed and reduced to 3 years. Served 13 months and let go on early home release which to be served in London. Convinced by the prison officers that should consider going to Canada, but only way it would be if was deported but then could come back if want to when sentence expires by applying for visa and removal of deportation order. Deportation section 3(5)(a) immigration act 1971 amended asylum act 1999 prohibiting to return while order is in force. Court case No.: T20027510-snearsbrook,
Deported from London Heathrow on end of January 2005.
Expert:  INC replied 1 year ago.


If the individual was deported from the UK, this would attract an automatic 10 year ban.

If entering the UK, following a criminal conviction, it would be advised to apply for a visa. Failure to do so may result in the individual being returned from the port of entry.

With reference to the ban, this can only be removed by the Home Office or under Order from the courts.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards