How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1988
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am am currently living in a property owned by Lambeth

Customer Question

I am am currently living in a property owned by Lambeth Council, London. I currently have over £2,000 in rent arrears - going back approximately five years and £400 of council tax arrears. I have no means of paying this. I am currently dealing with a baliff re: £400 which is due to be collected on this coming Friday. I am visiting my GP and getting a letter stating that I have mental health issues which should hopefully deal with the issue on Friday. I am a mother of two - one is over 16. Am currently studying full time in London. I am an alcoholic and unfortunately these debts were incurred when I was drinking. I am now in recovery and am struggling to deal with these debts hanging over me. I would be so grateful for any information you could give me. Many thanks, Geraldine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you also please email to***@******.*** thank you somuch
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my bets to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Have Possession proceedings been started?

Have you spoken to the Council regarding the Council Tax arrears?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What a ridiculous answer -just waiting for more questions - awful solution
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry - I do not currently have enough information to answer the question - that is why I am seeking more information so that I do not simply suggest

something that you have already tried

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please opt out Claire
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am happy to do so but the information I requested will still be needed- these are the basic starting points and my colleagues will wish

to know either what was said - or to suggest that you do so

Related UK Immigration Law Questions