Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Customer Question

Hi
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I have hopefully answered your question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this is for my friend name Gaurav. 28 male. He came in this country on student visa in 2010. He eventually got married to an indian british girl on 16 june 2015. His partner is not working at the moment. But she is pregnant of 4 months.his human rights hearing is on 14 july but the file was lodged to home office before wedding so home office doesn't know if they are legally married.so what would be the possible outcome of his case.

I see. Well on the basis that it was a proper wedding ceremony then they will be married.

This information should be made available to the court on 14 July.

The fact that there are now married will be a factor for the court to consider on his Art 8 right - it is however not conclusive by itself. Happy to discuss but please remember to rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But his wife is 4 months pregnant as well. Does it make his case more stronger??

Yes because he will argue an article 8 need to stay in the UK. It would be helpful if he could provide to the court the wedding certificate and proof of the pregnancy (something from the hospital). The fact that she is pregnant will make his case a lot stronger. Happy to discuss but please rate positive. Thanks

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you