UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

My Dominican fiancée has been refused a tourist visa twice

Customer Question
to the uk. even after...
my Dominican fiancée has been refused a tourist visa twice to the uk. even after my local member of parliament wrote letters to them and they replied try again. just seems a money making racket
JA: As you know, fiance visas can be complex. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with excel at providing accurate information, and I excel at matching you with the one who's the best fit. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: the first time they refused in 2014, I was with my fiancée in the Dominican at the time. when I got back to England. I contacted my local mp saying I was in a stable relationship and eventually was retiring and going to live with her in the Dominican I provided all my financial status proving I could support her and that she would live in my house, I would pay for everything for her her and escort her to fro from the Dominican. the mp received a letter back saying the decision could not be changed but please try again 2014. we applied again last month however within that time frame we have bought an apartment block, and she is now operating a rental business from there, and she lives on the premises. she gave her bank details showing she had over 6 thousand English pounds, she supplied her trip advisor account and also payments from them to her paypal account. We assumed it was a no brainer, but still came back refusal , but with a note saying if things did no change any later application would be refused
JA: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: i don't think so i thought we had everything covered, would it be worthwhile bringing the wedding forward?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/8/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 1 year ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

what is the question

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can I appeal against the decision ? if so in what form, or is it even worth it, If we bring the wedding forward, would I be given the visitor visa
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ca you please answer the question

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

I am unclear from your comments as to the basis of them refusing her. I would be minded to seek clarification from them in this regard if it has not been provided. It is only when you have this information that you can consider a JR or are able to advance a request for the caseworker to reconsider the application. There are no guarantees that by bringing forward the marriage they would change their mind. Happy to discuss but please ate positive. Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they refused her stating, that because she had the rental apartments, she did not have to be in the country to operate the buisnes and so there was no reason for her to return to the Dominican, any future application would be refused if the circumstance remained the same.
you still haven't answered the question, if we marry now can she get a visa immediately, as i was reading that the grand European court had overturned the british court, stating that a british citizens wife did nit need a visa to enter the contry . can you please clarify these ponts. I will alsi cipy the refusal document and send it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your application for a visit to the Kingdom has been refused.
How your application was considered
You have applied for a visa to the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: Immigration Rules for visitors
(https://www.gov.uk/government/colletions/immgration-rules) , I have considered:
- your application, and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
- your immigration historyThe decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph(s) 4.2 of Appendix V: Immigration Rules or Visitors because:- In your application you state that you are self-employed in "apartment rentals and laundry service" earning monthly income of $3000 US / £2091.83 ($1.43 US = £1) since 06/06/04. In support of this you have submitted a property purchase document translation signed in the name of yourself and that of your UK sponsor and fiancé Stephen ***** ***** on 23/06/14. In addition you have submitted trip advisor / paypal photocopy screenshots displaying the account name "Daniela" for an inbox dealing with vacation enquiries and an accompanying paypal business balance summary page of $2042.42 US / $1424.13 as of 16/04/16. However I am not satisfied that these photocopied online print outs suitably demonstrate the ongoing operations of your declared self-employment as stated by you. I am also not satisfied that you have demonstrated this declared business as registered with the Dominican government as a bona fide company in full operational capacity and subject to that countries' business laws and conditions. I am therefore not satisfied as to your ongoing ties and commitments outside of the UK that will prompt your departure from the United Kingdom at the end of your proposed visit. V4(a)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there was no document for appeal with the refusal, but I read somehere that you cant appeal for a 6month visitors visa
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i need clarification please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have sent you the worded refusal , can you please respond to my questions.
1 can I appeal the decision if so what grounds?
2 if I get married sooner rather than later will I get visa.
3 I have read that the European court have rued that any uk citizens spouse does not even need a visa to enter the country
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
of course I need the answers

I have got the questions. Let me consider my answers and come back to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm still here
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
waiting please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have still not received your answers please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am still waiting for your answer please.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have asked 3 simple questions can you respond to them please , all you have done is ask me a question in reply, lets put this to bed please, I will then release the money, thanking you in advance,
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate