How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11425
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I live in California, he has a UK Passport

Customer Question

My husband and I live in California, he has a UK Passport and I have a US Passport. What would I need to do to apply for UK Residency? Is it possible? Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If you we intending to move to the UK you would apply for a spouse visa which would last for 5 years. You would have to establish financial eligibility which you can learn about here: the actual pages you need to read about make you application can be found at