How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the process (and chances for) a Canadian getting a

Customer Question

What is the process (and chances for) a Canadian getting a UK work visa? This is for someone without ancestry ties, but with Canadian citizenship.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Are they in a relationship with anyone and if so what is there nationality? Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, he is single and his parents and grand parents are Canadian.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.If you do not have access to significant funds for investment in a UK business which you will run (ie. £200, 000.00 +), are not married/in a relationship with a UK national/foreign national or person with ILR then the most likely option is a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visaThis means that you would be looking at applying under the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers Visa provisions. You will have to see if there is a job that you could do in the UK on the shortage occupation list:- He would then have to get a job from an employer in the UK licensed to sponsor foreign visa workers for this purpose.You would also have to meet the eligibility criteria:- If he is able to do this then he can apply for this visa.The other visa which is a work visa but is difficult to get is a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa, but you have to be recognised as a world leader in your field in order to get this: am sorry but the options for work visas are very limited at the moment. If they are able to secure a job offer for tier 2 purposes from an employer licensed to sponsor tier 2 migrants then they can apply and the husband (if he is the one who gets an offer of sponsorship) would get a tier 2 visa to come here to work. His wife would have to apply as a dependent of his application. which is permitted:- You will see at the top right hand side there is an option to use their calculator to work out how many points you are eligible for. There is lots of information on Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Workers visas here:- My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom

Related UK Immigration Law Questions