How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1991
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ah, . My issue is regarding my carer staying in the UK

Customer Question

Ah, hello. My issue is regarding my carer staying in the UK possibly via a derivative residency card.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, I'm in a bad state at the moment. My prior carer is past the age where she can deal with my needs. I have a partner from the United States who'd take over, but we're not sure how to go about this the best way. We considered the marriage visa, but I'm not sure I make enough for that on benefits (social anxieties meant that I never tried to claim for more). I'm terrified of being without her support as I've come to rely on her. I'm in poor health and I don't really know what else to do.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
How long have you and your partner been together?