How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Okay I am thinking about applying citizenship i

Customer Question

Okay I am thinking about applying for british citizenship i have been in the UK Since 2004 i cam here whilst my mother was a student at the tender age now i am 19 and i have indefinite leave to remain my mother applied when i was still a "dependant", now problem is my zimbabwean passport has expired leaving me in a tricky situation to apply for a zimbabwean passport or even a zimbabwean emergency travel document you need a zimbabwean national ID card and since i never grew up in zimbabwe I never got one, the only way they say you can get one is to go to zimbabwe and apply in person however this is a no no as they can't even issue me an emergency travel document to travel to get one! now my question is regarding the good character, so a few things firstly when i first started driving last year i got a speeding ticket now a year later i have been asked to plea guilty or contest to the offence online, i also have been issued with four parking tickets 1 was issued to my mum 3 were mine two by private companies 1 by the council and after reading the booklet it just sounds like i will be getting a straight refusal shall i even bother ? reasons of wanting to get a passport is that with starting my own company travel will be essential soon to meet with suppliers in there country!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So sorry for all the spelling and punctuation errors just came back to Newcastle from Yorkshire such a long drive. Anyways to add to this the booklet it self confuses me quite a lot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also after reading this on an official site it states that I am no longer a zimbabwean citizen
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I’m able to answer your question about the good character issue but not about the travel documents.For the purposes of this, you can discount the 2 Private parking penalties because they are not “official”. You can also discount the one to your mother because it wasn’t yours. Therefore, you have one parking ticket and one speeding ticket. Whether the speeding ticket would make much difference would depend on what the offence was and what the penalty was. Neither of those would be sufficient for a refusal. I wouldn’t worry about them. You need to disclose them but it won’t make any difference in all probability. Does that answer the question?Can I answer any specific points arising from this?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Can I assist you any further with this?When you get a moment, could you please rate my answer service positively so that I get credit for my time. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly.Thank you.