Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I wanted to know whether I need to provide proof of

Customer Question

Hi My name is Kumar I wanted to know whether I need to provide proof of accommodation. I am applying for a tier 2 dependent visa for my wife who lives outside UK currently. I already have tier 2 general visa and work in the UK.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to know whether I need to provide proof of accommodation for my wife's application?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Are you talking about proof in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the official UKBA site and there is no mention of showing a proof of accommodation for this visa - only maintenance proof is asked in form of bank statements.However, I've seen many people submitting proof of accommodation for Tier 2 dependent visa e.g. tenancy agreement/landlord letter etc.I want to know whether this is really needed?
I am planning to submit following documents? Are they not sufficient?- Wife's passports
- Wife's photo
- Indian marriage certificate (will include marriage photo as an extra)
- TB clearance certificate
- Bank statement showing sufficient funds for past 90 days
- My passport photocopy
- My BRD card photocopy
- My employment contract copy
Ok
Let me see if I can help and please rate positive
You do not need pursuant to the guidelines to provide proof of accommodation. A lot of people do simply to provide as much information as possible but you do not need to do so.
I hope this helps. Please rate positive

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you