How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 33007
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a U.K. Nation hoping to marry a Mexico national this

Customer Question

Hello, I am a U.K. Nation hoping to marry a Mexico national this June in Cornwall, U.K. We recently went though the application of a U.K. Marriage visa so we can marry in England, give the normal 28 days marriage notice and return to Mexico to live. After completing the application we realized that her local UK consulate dose not take appointments for this matter and she must travel to Mexico City. After checking we have seen that it's going to cost more of our money to travel and accommodation to Mexico City than it will be to give notice to marry without a visa and accept the higher risk to have the standard 28 days notice period extended to 70days. My question is can she enter the uk knowing she is intending to marry and plan a wedding without the uk marriage visa? And apply for the normal 28 day notice period and accept the risk of having it extended to 70 days after our communication with the U.K. Home office? Thank you
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Immigration Lawyer should know?
Customer: Unless they has extra questions I think not
JA: Our top Immigration Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Immigration Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Immigration Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

There is a way to do this but it will add greater risk and more expense. If she were to come on a marriage visitors visa ( then although she would be able to come here and marry you, she would not be able to switch to a spouse visa. They are very strict on this. This would mean that she would have to return to her home country to apply for a spouse visa so it’s not at all appropriate if she wishes to enter the UK and then remain here without leaving. Happy to discuss Please rate positive

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. We intended to get married in England and go to Mexico to live. We don't wish to remain in the UK. So can she just come to England with no visa, as Mexicans don't require tourist visa, give notice to marry and wait the notice period given to us before we have the ceremony and both go back to Mexico? Thanks again
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Basically yes - with the caveats I have mentioned above.

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you