How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34278
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on ILR and i have been married since Feb2015, I have

Customer Question

I am on ILR and i have been married since Feb2015, I have reason to believe that my wife married me to live in UK and not to be with me. I have also very strong evidence that she has cheated me with a another person after our marriage. I have therefore filed a petition for divorce in India. I have the petition number form Indian court. My wife is in india and her BRP card is with me. How do i make sure that she doesn't apply for a duplicate BRP and come to UK before the case is settled in India. thanks in advance for your help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, wrong post.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first?

Is your wife here on a Spouse Visa?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is on Spouse visa
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that there is nothing you can do to prevent your wife from obtaining a replacement BRP - but you can notify the

Visa and Immigration service that you have issued a divorce petition and that the entitlement to a Spouse Visa is no longer valid.

Please ask if you need further details