How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34278
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know someone who has come over to the UK on a student visa

Customer Question

Hello I know someone who has come over to the UK on a student visa and is also married in another country but whist here in the UK he has married here as well so he now has 2 wife's and is now on a spouse visa due to his marriage in the UK his wife in the UK has no idea of his other wife. Why he is doing this is to get an indefinite stay in the UK so then will divorce his wife in UK and apply for a spouse visa for his other wife who lives in Pakistan. When he married here in the UK rejig try office he denied of any other marriages in any other country.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, this is a public site but you are anonymous.

I can ask customer services to close the question for privacy but it will mean that you cannot come back later with subsequent questions.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I do apologise. I meant that post for another site.

I will opt out for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will my question still be answered by someone?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What do you wish to know about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know for sure if this is illegal and what action will be taken
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

If he entered into a legal marriage here in the Uk (as opposed to a religious one) then this person has committed bigamy which is a criminal offence

If this is proved then he can be arrested and charged and is likely to be deported

In any event when he tries to bring his first wife here the authorities will notice that the marriage predates the second marriage and will refuse entry.

Please ask if you need further details


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who can I contact to report this and what kind of proof will I need to provide the only proof I have is when he has been talking about his wife's
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You can report it to the police - it will be up to them whether they choose to investigate further

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome