UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

I am a dual uk/australian national as my father and mother…

Customer Question
Hi I am a...
Hi I am a dual uk/australian national as my father and mother were born in the UK and I was born in australia in the late 1960.s. I recently travelled to UK and was turned back to Australia after I told the Border Security guard that I am a dual UK citizen and was thinking about working in the UK. Bad mistake. I am still uncertain about retravelling back to the UK. And have applied for a british passport. My question is if I do get the British Passport. Do I have the rights to live and work in the UK? If I so chose to. Or do I need other forms and which forms do I need? I am still unsure of this and feel very nervous, as we were detained, fingerprinted ,photographed ,and locked in a cell for hours. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Regards Richard
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
2/26/2016
Solicitor: Thomas, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

Have you ever held a uk passport before?

Kind regards

Tom

Hi Tom, no I have never held a uk passport, I am in the process of applying for one at the moment.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.