UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

, I was refused under Immigration Rules Appendix V, as…

Customer Question
I was refused under...

I was refused under Immigration Rules Appendix V, as the officer thought I used deception in my previous visa. In the next ten years, my future application may also be refused for the same reason (given in the letter of refusal). In that application form, I misunderstood the meaning of Dependent Children. I have one, but I chose no for this option because I did not get married when I gave birth to him. I was even not sure if I could raise him up as a single mother. In this case, did I use a deception ?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

I asked a immigration advisor to help

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Immigration Lawyer should be aware of?

Hello?

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. What seems to be the problem?

Did you see my message?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
2/14/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive

Have you gone back to them and attempted to explain the issue and sought a reconsideration?

I applied again. In my explanation letter, I explained that my T4 visa application form was fulfilled by an agent and she chose No by her common sense because of my marriage status--single. And then I explained that I was not sure about the true meaning of Dependent Children. I will add the letter to you so that you can understand my situation more easily.
I was not meant to add the information about the agent even if it is true. However, my immigration advisor suggested me to add that information, which made the officer confused. Before I signed the form, I was unaware of the options on the form. When I checked it before I signed, I though the agent's choice is right because my child was not registered on my National Residency Booklet. I was not sure if I can have the right to raise him up. After I received this letter, my immigration advisor suggested me to go for judicial review, I am not sure if I have to do it or just apply again to explain again. Please help me, I will have to visit the UK in the future according to my job.
Hello?

bear with me while i consider it for you

Both options would apply - but from what you have told me I think it may well be easier for you to make a fresh application rather than to apply to the court for a judicial review - it seems to be a simple misunderstanding. Happy to discuss but please rate positive. Thanks

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.