UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

I have received summons to appear in court a TV without a…

Customer Question
Hi, My name is...

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I have received summons to appear in court for using a TV without a licence.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

And I'm worried that if convicted that might affect my ILR application in 2018 I have always kept my TV licence up to date but missed a couple of Direct ddebits due to financial issues I have since purchased a TV licence but the summons came through anyway because an Enforcement officer visited us in November 2015

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/24/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

Firstly, it is important to tell the truth - as such it will be upto the case worker to use his/ her discretion to decide weather this is a general grounds for refusal or not. Such a conviction is not necessarily something which would prevent you from succeeding in your application. It is a minor offence. Happy to discuss but please rate positive. Thanks

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.