How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 33010
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am asking on behalf of my brother in law and s wife, they

Customer Question

Customer: My Name is***** i am asking on behalf of my brother in law and his wife, they are both indain citizens with indain passports with the right of abode in an old passport but not in new one, i have been told that they cannot travel to india until they get a new card for right of abode is thsi true
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: they are travelling to india in feb and are afraid that they will not be allowed to travel back to uk
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Immigration Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

The starting point is that they have a right of abode. In theory this will be recorded on the Home Office and immigration computers and should not cause a problem when travelling. However I have heard stores where it sadly does cause problems because the computers do not always have records of everything that they should. As such I would as a safety precaution get the right to abode reference properly inserted into the new or current passports. I hope this helps. Please rate positive. Thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this helps. Please remember to rate positive for me. Thanks