Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Just want to ask that if a person got married to a British

Customer Question

Hi there. Just want to ask that if a person got married to a British citizen in a non-EU country & comes to UK on spouse visa. After getting settlement in the UK, if he wants to sponsor his 2nd wife from abroad but he hasn't divorced his first wife, is his 2nd wife entitled to get a spouse visa as per UK law? Both marriages took place in a country where polygamy is lawful.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help you. I am afraid that the UK government will not grant a second spousal visa where someone is still married; even if the law permits it in the country where they married. The fact is that the law does not permit polygamy in the UK. I hope that this answers your question. Please can you rate positive for my help. Thanks

I hope that this helps - can you please rate positive for the answer please - thanks