Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

20 December 2015 08:27 I have a few more related questions.

Customer Question

20 December 2015 08:27
I have a few more related questions. After being in and out of the US a few times post my arrest for a DUI I was informed by immigration officers that be little problems in re-entry because a DUI is not considered a crime of low moral turpitude. It seems that this is up for much debate. The Embassy clearly takes a view that it is and accordingly rejected my H1B stamping under 221g. Nevertheless the Embassy has requested a police certificate from the UK and I have already submitted to a medical exam. Both of which are clean. Is there anything else I can submit to the embassy before they opine on whether to further deny my H1B application? For example could I submit a legal opinion articulating that a DUI is not a crime of low moral turpitude particularly when it relates to a first offender?
IF I don't get my H1B approved is there any advice regarding when I could next enter the US - even as a non-immigrant worker but as a tourist?
Category: UK Immigration Law