How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10623
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I intend to apply years standard visit visa to visit family

Customer Question

I intend to apply for 2 years standard visit visa to visit family member. what max duration of stay I should ask for?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. The maximum period in any 12 months which you are able to spend in the Uk is 180 DAYS. Once you reach this figure, then you have to leave and re-enter later. So, most visitor visas are only given for six months. If you have a two year multiple entry visa, you still are limited to spending 180 days in any one year in the UK. Once you exceed this 180 day period, you will have to leave.

2. Please RATE the Answer, as unless you RATE the answer your Expert receives none of the money you have paid the website so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They introduced family visitor visa for 6 months plus to remain with the family I would like to avoid being qualified under this and refused you advise
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. It is not a visitor visa if it is for more than six months. Instead you would have to apply as a dependent relative. Here, whoever, is sponsoring you would have to show they are a UK citizen or settled in the UK AND earned more than £18,600 per annum in order that you qualify. You need to show you have funds to support yourself whilst you are in the UK. Alternatively, if the person sponsoring you is an EEA citizen, there is no income requirement and you get an EEA FAMILY VISA. If you wish to indicate who is sponsoring you and the passport they hold, I will provide you with more information.