How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 34234
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother was born in England and immigrated here in the

Customer Question

My mother was born in England and immigrated here in the 50s. I am wondering if & how I can get a UK passport. I am US citizen living in California.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I will do my best to help you but I need some further information

When were you born and where

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
San Jose, Ca
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


The law changed on the 1st January 1983 to allow British Women to pass on their nationality to their children

However you can apply for British Nationality using this form

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details