How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10591
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If an EU citizen that leaves in the UK but happen to meet

Customer Question

If an EU citizen that leaves in the UK but happen to meet someone in Africa went over there and got married will she be allowed to bring her husband to leave with her in the UK or will her husband only be given the right to leave in the lady country of
origin ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Yes, an EU citizen living in the UK has the right to bring family members, such as a husband, who is a non-EU citizen to live with her in the UK. Accordingly, if you get married to an African citizen, you will be able to bring your future husband to live with you in the UK should you wish. In essence, you will be applying for an EEA family permit for him. Here is a link to the UK government website which sets out what is required

2. Be aware that your right to bring your African husband to live with you is not limited to your own country of origin. For example, if you are a French citizen, you can still bring your future husband from Africa to live with you in the UK. You don't have to first bring him to live with you in France, nor do you have to make an application for him to live in France with you. Instead, simply apply in the UK where you are living.