How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife want to join me from india. Which visa she should

Customer Question

My wife want to join me from india. Which visa she should choose, marriage or wife in the visa category
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


Are you in the UK?

What nationality are you please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


What is your annual employment income please? Are you salaried?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Drafting your answer now. 5 mins please.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question and patience, Im Tom and I’ll try to help you.

She will have to apply from a spouse visa.

The webpage on spouse visas is here:

The eligibility criteria is here:-

If the application is well prepared and you meet the following eligibility criteria then it will make the application easy and quick to decide upon for the UKBA. To be eligible, you must show:-

• you and your partner are both aged 18 or over at the date of application;
• your partner is a British Citizen, or is present and settled in the UK, or is here with refugee leave or humanitarian protection;
• your partner is not related to you in a way that means you could not marry in UK law;
• you and your partner have met in person;
• your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsistingif you are married or in a civil partnership, your marriage or civil partnership is valid in UK law;
• if you are not married or in a civil partnership you have been living with your partner in a relationship akin to marriage or civil partnership for at least 2 years prior to the date of the application;
• you meet the suitability requirements
• any previous relationship has permanently broken down (this does not apply to certain polygamous relationships);
• you and your partner intend to live together permanently in the UK;
• You must meet the financial requirement:-
• This means that the UK based spouse must earn a minimum income threshold of £18,600. Alternatively, if you have savings of £62, 500.00 then you would not have to prove any salary. You can also use a mix of the two.
• You would also have to show that you meet the English language requirement:-

You are in the fortunate position of being able to prove the financial requirement by simply evidencing that you that you are employed at a salary above £18600 per annum and simply a case of gathering the supporting documentation from you/your wife which proves the eligibility criteria

You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-

Legal fees would be around £1000 + VAT and it would well worth you instructing a solicitor to prepare the application on your behalf..

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im doing the application myself. On the online application on visa category it ask which visa require. Im confused between marriage visa and wife visa. Which is appropriate?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

If you are married then you should apply for a wife visa.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank very much. Very happy with the answers
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Please rate my answer.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions