How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7613
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I bringmy husband on a visitor visa and then applied

Customer Question

Can I bringmy husband on a visitor visa and then applied for indifnit stay
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

Your husband cannot apply for a spouse visa whilst in the UK if he enters on a visit visa. This is because a visit visa is subject to the condition that a person must leave the UK before it expires. If they do not then there are in breach of their visa conditions and the home office may also regard it as a deception. This includes attempting to switch to another visa category.

He can enter on a visit visa and see a solicitor whilst here with you in order to prepare his application, but in order to actually apply for a spouse visa he has to return home in order to make the application from his home country.

This is enforced very strictly by the home office I’m afraid.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,


Related UK Immigration Law Questions