UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I have a friend coming to stay with me days. she is

Customer Question

i have a friend coming to stay with me for 90 days. she is due here on Friday july 17. she has told me that in order for her to get through airport she has to have enough money to surport herself for 30 days. it is £70.00 each day which is totaled at £2100.00. is this uk law?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Who has informed her of the requirement to show monies at the airport?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thomas.
When she went to the embassy yesturday to show that everything was in order the person then asked her if she had travel cheques. She said no and he replied that she could not leave without these. She has to have enough for 30 days which totals £2100.00. This is £70.00 per day. I have since learned that she had applied for a tourist visa and this is the reason he is asking this. She should have got a visitors visa and then i would have had to give written proof that i wss going to lok after her. I have read this online. Is this the case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
why have i got no responce to my letter.
michael.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I apologise for the delay in reverting back to you.
In respect of a visit visa, it is clear that this would only be provided if she can show sufficient funds regarding her maintenance at the time of her visit visa application. If she has provided this evidence to the embassy in Russia and they have issued her with a visit visa, then there is nothing requiring her to show additional funds when she is about to depart for the UK.
What you have stated in regards ***** ***** her is true, is she applied to visit you then you could have shown that you have enough funds to maintain her, but if she applied as a tourist visa then it would be up to her to show she has enough funds to maintain her whilst she is in the UK.
I hope this answers your question.
Kind regards