UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

I wonder if you can advice me on a work visa malaisan

Customer Question
hi i wonder if you...
hi i wonder if you can advice me on a work visa for my malaisan girlfreind
wer have know each other for more than a year and she has visted me in the uk (as a tourist) last year
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
her sister all ready has full uk resident visa
7/2/2015
Solicitor: Thomas, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Thanks for your question.
Has she received a job offer from a Tier 2 General sponsored skilled worker-licensed employer who is willing to sponsor her?
Kind regards,
Tom
Not yet but I know enough people who will imploy her
Hi
Thanks for your patience.
I assume that shd does not have accces to £200, 000.00 and is not regarded as a leader in her field.
If this is the case then her best option would be to hope to apply under the Tier 2 general provision:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/overview
This is where an employer sponsors her to come here and fill an employment role. The job would either have to be on the shortage occupation list (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/308513/shortageoccupationlistapril14.pdf) or the employer would have to carry out a resident labour force test in order to prove that there are no existing members of the resident labour market in the UK that can fill the role.
If she gets this offer of sponsorship from an employer then she could apply if she met the remaining eligiblity criteria:
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/eligibility
This sounds like the best way forward if you are not planning on marry each other..
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
I.e. I can definitely get a legitimate work offer before for her before she apply for the visa
Hi
Thanks for your patience.
A normal job offer is not sufficient - it has to be from an employer who has a tier 2 sponsors licence (or is willing to try and get one)
Kind regards,
Tom
I guess the best way is though a chinese restaurant (then her Cantonese language would be classed as expertise )
That sounds promising provided that they are a tier 2 sponsor, yes.
Tom
Ok thanks for your help
because of the time difference I will speak to my girlfriend later & let her know
then reply to you with any other questions
thanks again
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.