UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My son has just married a Russian girl in Russia with all

Customer Question

Hi, My son has just married a Russian girl in Russia with all official paperwork etc. He has been dating for the past 2 years, spent a couple of months in Russia but met on Schengen visa in Italy Spain, Germany France and Belgium over the past 18 months. He is a UK Citizen and we know the rules...£18.6k etc etc, language test etc. BUT we had a disaster last year when she came to the UK and was refused entry at Gatwick as her visa had not stated she had friends in UK. She was told to reapply....which she did and refused again with a ban. She will now have a new passport with my son's name etc but will the past issue be wiped clean? it is all documents with correspondence with Immigration Minister etc as this refusal was full of errors by the Border Force but they are a law unto themselves. We now need to select an immigration lawyer who can square this circle. Question: Will the past problem impact on her coming to UK?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Ideally when she did apply for a visit visa to come to the UK for the second time she you should have then written in the application why she believed that the decision to refuse her entry was incorrect and the errors contained within the refusal.
In respect of your question, yes she will need to clarify the discrepancies regarding her previous application as she would been asked to submit her finger prints as apart of the application and when she does the home office will be able to see her record and confirm that she was the same person who has previously been refused.
So what I would suggest is when you submit the application clarify why you believe the refusal was incorrect and why you now wish for the home office to overlook the ban. You need to state the effect of the refusal on your son and daughter in law as well as the wider family members. The fact is that because she has been banned you would now need to write a very detailed letter explaining how the refusal would impact them both and why your son is not able to leave the UK and reside with her in Russia, only then will there be a chance that the ban is lifted.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards