How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im Polish, planning married egyptian. i live in uk 12 years.

Customer Question

hi im Polish, planning married egyptian. i live in uk 12 years. how to bring him here, where to make a papers , documents needed to do that. and where Poland? cairo/ uk?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
If you are marrying your fiance outside the UK then he will have to apply for an EEA family permit in order to come to UK after you are married.
The webpage on applying for this is here
There is a basic list of documents which he would have to provide on the following page:
There is a slightly more comprehensive set of documents on the following page:
There may be other documents depending on his/your individual circumstances, so the safest way of proceeding would be to insruct a UK based immigration solicitor to prepare and draft the application and to advise you on the complete documents once they have taken your instructions over a few meetings in person.
ONce he has obtained his family permit he can travel to the UK and live with you.
Once here, he should then apply for an EEA residence care which confirms his right to stay/work in the UK for 5 years. This is useful to prove to employers that he has the right to work and to UK entry officials if you wish to go on holiday with him and return:
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,