UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am eligible in two weeks time. I received

Customer Question

I am eligible for ILR in two weeks time. I received a NIP for "careless driving and failed to provide details". The NIP was sent because I stopped short of an individual at about 5-feet distance and that offended him. He abused me and then filed a case against me. I received NIP on 7th March and replied on 21st March.
I have not heard anything from police since. Does NIP mean I have been charged? I have not received a summon or chargesheet, what would be my answer to "Have you or any dependants who are applying with you ever been charged in any country
with a criminal offence for which you have not yet been tried in court?"
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
NIP means notice of intending prosecution, which means you have not yet been charged. So in answer to your question, what you state is no, and then in the additional information box you state that you have received a NIP but have not heard anything further from the police you have , you should enclose a copy of the NIP received.
What you want to do is be as forthcoming as possible in the application form and state everything in detail, this way the home office cannot, hold anything against you for non-disclosure.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Kind regards