How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im currently on a Tier 4 visa in the UK with no recourse to

This answer was rated:

I'm currently on a Tier 4 visa in the UK with no recourse to public funds. In December of 2012 I applied for public funds due to temporary loss of funds from abroad because I didn't have enough money to pay my rent for December due to theft. Although there are certain exceptions made for people in this situation my application was denied because my visa states no recourse to public funds. My question is will my tier 4 visa extension be denied because I applied for temporary public funds even though I didn't receive any funds? Thanks
You should not be refused a visa as you have not received public funds and it is fortunate that you did not receive them. The questions on the form ask if you have received public funds and not if you have applied for them.
Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you