UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hello, I have a question about Tier2 General visa. Once I

Hello, I have a question about Tier2 General visa.
Once I get sponsor to provide me a Tier2 General visa, do I need to work for the same employer for certain length of time? If I would like to find another sponsor, when can I shift to new one? I wonder if there is any rule for this, like I must work under the same employer for at least 1 year etc. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

Will you be working in the same sector or will it be totally different sector? So a different soc code?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will be shifting from one sector to another. Therefore, soc code should be different.

Thank you for your reply.

If you wish to change sponsors during your tier 2 visa there is nothing preventing you from doing this, there is no requirement for you to work for a certain employer for a certain period if you wish to switch employers.

Applicants can switch for a number of reasons ie relocation, redundancy . In your case if you wish to switch employer's and provided you have a certificate of sponsorship issued by the employer then there is nothing preventing you from switching.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards