How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I have a question about Tier2 General visa. Once I

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have a question about Tier2 General visa.
Once I get sponsor to provide me a Tier2 General visa, do I need to work for the same employer for certain length of time? If I would like to find another sponsor, when can I shift to new one? I wonder if there is any rule for this, like I must work under the same employer for at least 1 year etc. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

Will you be working in the same sector or will it be totally different sector? So a different soc code?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will be shifting from one sector to another. Therefore, soc code should be different.

Thank you for your reply.

If you wish to change sponsors during your tier 2 visa there is nothing preventing you from doing this, there is no requirement for you to work for a certain employer for a certain period if you wish to switch employers.

Applicants can switch for a number of reasons ie relocation, redundancy . In your case if you wish to switch employer's and provided you have a certificate of sponsorship issued by the employer then there is nothing preventing you from switching.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you