How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, My daughter is currently working and living in the UK.

This answer was rated:

My daughter is currently working and living in the UK. Her Visa expired 17months ago and has submitted a Visa Extension application which was declined. She has now submitted an appeal for a Visa Extension. She has been living with her parter who is English for 2 years. If she was to travel to NZ to visit her sick Grandfather, is there anyway she can re-enter the UK due to compassionate circumstances.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.
Mrs D Kemp
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

If your daughter currently does not have permission to be in the UK she will not be allowed re-entry if she leaves.

The only way she can come back is if she has the correct visa in place. Even though she has an appeal pending this will not be enough to re-enter the UK once she departs. She will be expected to obtain an entry clearance visa when returning from NZ.

Unfortunately the only 'compassionate' way of entering the UK when there is no visa is by claiming asylum. However, it would be difficult for your daughter to claim asylum if she is returning from NZ.
Alice H and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you