How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi i m a dutch national and my husband is pakistani national

This answer was rated:

hi i m a dutch national and my husband is pakistani national his application EEA2 is pending. i m working part time and i now i want to claim housing benefit and i m not claiming any other benefit. If i claim housing will it effect my husband eea2 application?
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service.

If you wish to claim benefits then, you would need to show that if your husband is granted an eea family permit it would not mean that your benefits would increase. What I suggest you do is wait until a decision has been made on your husband's application and then apply for any benefits.

You should leave your circumstances as they are and not amend them until a decision is made on the application.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you