How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband lives in the UK currently under a Tier 4 student

This answer was rated:

My husband lives in the UK currently under a Tier 4 student visa. We were not married when he moved to the UK to go to school. We have since married and he has been offered a position which will qualify him for a Tier 2 visa to work in the UK under sponsorship and I am planning on applying for the visa as well as his dependent. I am a US citizen living in the U.S. Do we send in our visa application jointly or do I have to wait for his application to be processed and then I apply separately from the US to be his dependent?
If he has successfully completed a course at or above degree level then he can switch within the UK to a Tier 2 General visa and you can then apply for a dependant visa.

If he is not able to switch within the UK and will instead be applying from his home country then you can both apply at the same time.
Howard and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much Howard - this has satisfied my question! Great work!

Related UK Immigration Law Questions