Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Dear sir , im egyptian pharmacist married to English lady

Dear sir , i'm egyptian pharmacist married to English lady since 2000 we have 3 childs all are English my query is can we come and live for good in Uk ?? Can my childs join british schools? My wife is pharmacist with Bsc pharmacy from Cairo university as well our age is 39 . What will be our legal condition ? Can we have any governmental fund? Regards
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

Obviously, if your wife and children are UK citizens holding UK passports then they are free to come to the UK without making any kind of visa application.

You will need to apply for a spouses visa (ie. Settlement) .

If the application is well prepared and you meet the following eligibility criteria then it will make the application easy and quick to decide upon for the UKBA. To be eligible, you must show:-

• 1. That you are legally married to each other
• 2. You are present and settled in the UK
• 3. You intend to live permanently together here in the UK as husband and wife
• 4. You can support each other without the need for public funds
• 5. You have suitable accommodation which is owned or lived in only by you or your household and where you and your dependents can live without any help from public funds
• You must meet the financial requirement:-
• http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/can-you-apply/financial/
• Further guidance:-
• http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

• This means that the UK based spouse must earn a minimum income threshold of £18,600. Alternatively, if you have savings of £62, 500.00 then you would not have to prove any salary. You can also use a mix of the two. If you look at the guidance you will be able to see how they apply to you.
You have to produce to the UKBA documentation that proves the above. This would be some of the following:-
• Bank statements from both you and your spouse going back 6 months showing the income/capital you have available
• Payslips (6 month of) and a letter from your employer stating that you have a permanent job, contract of employment
• Documentary evidence of any other assets you hold (eg. Shares, evidence of ISAs or bonds)
• Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate, passport
• Evidence of correspondence between you and your spouse showing that the relationship is credible and genuine (eg. Emails, letters, evidence of previous trips, photos showing you together, phone records
• Evidence of the accommodation where you will live or that you can afford to accommodate yourselves once here.

• Further information here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/documents/maintenance/

You will also have to show that you meet the English language requirements:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/documents/english-language/

I would recommend instructing a UK immigration solicitor to act on your behalf in preparing the application for you. You will need to apply for settlement (ie. spouses visa) by using form VAF4A Settlement, available for download from UKBA's website.

You can find Uk immigration solicitors through the following Law Society Website search engine:-
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

Your wife may be able to claim benefits once she has been in the UK for a sufficient period of time so that she is regarded as being ordinarily resident in the UK. However, this will take about 6 months and she cannot claim any benefits on your behalf because it is a requirement of your visa that no more in public funds should be claimed as a result of you being here.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'M WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

I have given you my answer in this thread. You should be able to see it, but if you cannot I will repost it.

Tom
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

• Further guidance:-

• Further information here:-

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'VE SEEN YOUR ANSWER BUT 2 POINTS ARE NOT CLEAR FOR ME:-

1- CAN MY CHILDREN JOIN BRITISH SCHOOLS FOR FREE?

2- CAN YOUR AGENCY MANAGE MY SPOUSE VISA WHILE I'M STILL IN SAUDI ARABIA? CAN THEY MANAGE THE ACCOMODATION LEGAL PROCESS AS I'M NOT LIVING IN UK YET?

REGARDS

Yes, your children can join normal UK schools for free. If they are UK citizens then they have all the rights that any other UK citizens have.

This is a question and answer website. We are prevented from taking instructions privately from you.

This means that you should instruct a solicitor in the UK from where you are. You can do this, you will just have to prove your identity to them, which may involve attending the UK embassy or a lawyer where you are to verify your passport.

You can apply from Saudia Arabia.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom