UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Will my visa be rejected because of common assault? I have

Will my visa be rejected because of common assault? I have a good job and have never been involved in crime before?
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

Were you convicted of the offence?
What punishment was given for the common assault?
How long ago did the incident take place?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I went for plea bargin on Common Assult.

Was fined 450 pounds.

The incident took place in January but the court was on 10 sept 2013.

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please confirm what visa you are applying for?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Has to be either Skilled Worker or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Thank you for your reply.

Finally are you applying from outside or inside uk?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Inside the Uk,

Thank you for your reply.

Because the home office view each case on its on merits, there is no definitive answer. But in your case the positive side of your situation is that you have never been convicted before and you were only fined and not imprisoned.

Due to your previous record, and because you have not been a frequent offender the home office may take positive view on your record. In addition what I would suggest is that you state mitigating circumstances surrounding your conviction.

The home office are more strict in respect of settlement application ie indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship. Therefore in your case the home office may not attach as much importance as they would do for a settlement application.

You should therefore apply and state your conviction and any mitigating circumstances surrounding your conviction.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Ant new development on my case?