UK Immigration Law

Have UK immigration law questions? Get answers now.

Hi My GF has just been refused a general visitor visa for the…

Hi My GF has just...
Hi My GF has just been refused a general visitor visa for the 3rd time. Refusal grounds stated are:- not satisfied you are in a genuine and subsisting relationship. not satisfied for reasons for travelling to UK and your intentions to leave, there fore not genuinely seeking entry to UK as a visitor. We had both submitted letters explaining relationship, also photos, yahoo messaging. What are they really wanting??? Seems will never be granted entry. She mentioned she wouldn't wish to breach any immigration laws so as to jeopardize any future development of relationship
10/19/2013
UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

Is your girl friend currently working or studying?
When was the last time you visited your partner?

Kind regards

she is Philippine citizen working, had submitted payslips, but paid in cash, did submit savings statement. I visited her in May after receipt of last refusal which didn't grant her to visit UK. The last time refusal wished letter from her employer granting vacation. Think there may be a problem that she is not home owner and that her employer provides her with accommodation?

Thank you for your reply.

If you have provided the documentation you have stated that I do not know why she has been refused entry to the UK. The home office are concerned about people using the visit visa to enter the uk and remaining here.

If she's does not own the property she is residing in the application letter from the employer should have been provided confirming that they are paying for the accommodation.

In respect of your partner being paid in cash this is not an issue provided she is paying any tax levied against her income. Maybe also a letter from the account of the company confirming that she is paying her taxes and that the payslips are authentic.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX intention of returning, then a letter from you stating the reason for her visit and evidencing that she will return and has no intention of her remaining in the uk should be sufficient.

If you have provided the details then I would suggest that you instruct a solicitor to draft a covering letter for you and explain that she will not overstay and she has an employment to return to, this would help. In addition the solicitor will be able to guide you on what documentation is needed and sufficient.

The positive side of this is that your partner can submit as many applications as she can until she gets her visa. That is why it maybe a case of stating the reasons for her application and the documentation enclosed with it may help her obtain her visa.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards

She is a low earner and is not required to pat taxes. Each Visa application has been supported with over 40 pages of evidence. Its a question of how much and of what? i guess need to see specialist with everything.

I get the impression that the UK general visa is really reserved for wealthy established tourists, but the UK border agency could never admit to it.

Thank you for your reply.

I believe that in some cases that can be true, but I believe it is more a case of really guiding the home office through the documentation and stating the importance of each one and why it has been submitted.

In respect if your partner's case I suggest that because she has been refused on 3 occasions, then having a solicitor look through all 3 refusal letters and drafting a covering letter for you would be the best option and would give her application the best chance of success. You may have all the required documentation but just a letter to clarify it would be beneficial.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor