UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

hi.i have been ordered to leave uk in march 2002 i had have

hi.i have been ordered to...
hi.i have been ordered to leave uk in march 2002
i had have my on air-ticket
i was asylam seeker back then.i left uk on my on.i am in nz now and i have full residen.my partnet she is uk citizen.can i come back to uk with her.
10/11/2013
UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service so I am credited for my time.

Just to confirm,

Did you leave voluntarily?
Are you now a New Zealand National?

Kind regards
i have full residency in nz
i left uk on my on.didnt want to be deported to my county back then.but i did get deportation letter.
did u get this.inf.
Thank you for your reply.

In that case then if you left voluntarily then the ban is usually between 1- 5 years, even if you were deported the ban is usually no more than 10 years.

It has now been over 10 years since you last left the UK voluntarily therefore I do not think that you will have any problems returning to the UK. Unless there is a date on the deportation order which says that it is in force for longer than 10 year ( very unlikely) then it should be a normal 10 year ban.

You can travel to the UK with your partner and should be granted entry to the UK.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
do i need to put all this information in aplic.form.for setlment or partners visa.should i tell them about this.and can i stay in uk long term /prrmanently with my partner ?she is uk sitizen.thank you for everything.
Thank you for your reply.

Yes you should declare this to the home office on the application form. You can stay with your partner in the UK provided she meets the financial requirement.

For her to sponsor you to remain in the UK permanently as her partner she need to be earning at least £18,600 for 12 months in her employment in New Zealand and also have a job offer starting in the UK within 3 months of her arriving to the UK which is paying her at least £18,600 or the other option is she must have savings of at least 62,500 in her account for 6 months. If she does not have the required about of salary or savings then she will not be able to sponsor you to the UK.

Please see the following links:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-im migration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/apply-outside-uk/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/can-you-apply/financial/

Kind regards
is there any difrents if we want to buy house i uk and we wil l be married by the tim
e we want to go .and i will have 2 passports.nz/hr
??
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately it would not make a difference if you wanted to purchase a property in the UK as your partner would still need to show that she has savings of 62,500 or earning at least £18,600.

The spouse visa would require that you are married on top if the fact that she meets the financial requirements. The requirements are for all applicants wishing to apply for a spouse visa regardless of their nationality.

2. Your other option would be for you and your partner to move to a EU country for at least 6 months during which time your partner must work and then when you come to the UK after your partner has worked in the EU country. You must also be residing with her for that amount of time in the EU country. Let me explain this further.

As a general rule, family members of British citizens do not qualify for an EEA family permit. Article 3 of the Directive essentially says that an EEA national cannot be considered as exercising freedom of movement in their own State -

This Directive shall apply to all Union citizens who move to or reside in a Member State other than that of which they are a national, and to their family members as defined in point 2 of Article 2 who accompany or join them.

However, where an EEA national has exercised a treaty right in another Member State as a worker or self-employed and they wish to return to their own State having exercised that right, certain provisions may apply in order for their non-EEA family members to qualify under the EEA Regulations.

A British national and his / her non-EEA national family members can only benefit from free movement rights if they meet the criteria established in the ECJ case of Surinder Singh. The case stated that nationals of a Member State who are exercising an economic Treaty right (that is, as a worker or self-employed person) in another Member State will, on return to their home state, be entitled to bring their non-EEA family members to join them under EC law.

Example: A British national is exercising an economic Treaty right in Germany and living with his non-EEA national spouse and children. On the British national's return to the UK, his non-EEA national family members can apply for an EEA family permit to join him under EC law.
The Surinder Singh judgment is incorporated into the EEA Regulations in Regulation 9. Family members of British nationals who meet the requirements of Regulation 9 are treated as family members of EEA nationals for the purposes of the EEA Regulations.

Applications for EEA family permits must meet the following criteria:

• The British citizen must be residing in an EEA Member State as a worker or self-employed person or have been doing so before returning to the UK.

• If the family member of the British citizen is their spouse or civil partner, they are living together in the EEA country or must have entered into the marriage or civil partnership and have been living together in the relevant EEA country before the British citizen returned to the UK.

Because EEA nationals have an initial three months right of residence in the UK, there is no requirement for the British national to be a qualified person on arrival. Therefore, an EEA family permit can be issued to the non-EEA national family member of a British national even if they are only visiting the UK with the British national before returning to the Member State where they are resident.

You will be issued with the permit for 6 months and can then change it for a resident permit which will be issued for 5 years your partner would need to be working during this period and she would not to meet the financial requirement.

Kind regards
£62.500 is the cash that we need to present or it need to stay in bank.acount for some time.also i am eu-sitizen(croatia)
Thank you for your reply.

The 62,500 must be in the bank account for 6 months.

In addition I suggest that you enter using your cortian citizenship and then apply to remain in the UK on your own basis, you do not require a visa to enter and provided you work during your stay in the UK then you do not need to meet the financial requirements.

Kind regards
that is if we are in marrage?but england os not giving us (crosts) to come and work .not just yet.becouse we are new in eu;for 5or 7years
Thank you for your reply.

Even if you are not married you can enter the UK as a EU citizen. You are able to work in the UK provided you apply for a blue card when you arrive, please see the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/croatia/

You will however, be exempt from applying for a blue card if you do marry your partner, please see the following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/croatia/liveworkuk/

Kind regards
do i have to have any assets or money in my accounts or in a joint account with my partner to do that

also if go with the spous visa option what is happening with the 62500 pounds after six months. can i then spend it all

lastly how difficult is this process
?
Thank you for your reply.

You do not need money in Join accounts to do this.

Yes after the spouse visa application has been issued then you can spend the money. But I would suggest going by applying as a EU national as it much easier as less complicated.

Spouse visa is not complicated provided you meet the requirements of the rules, you need will do to apply prior to traveling but I would suggest you obtain entry on your Croatian passport and not go down the spouse visa route.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards

UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor