Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

self emplyed, earning £19013 net, but was not putting money

self emplyed, earning £19013 net, but was not putting money in bank account as i get cash earnings plus did not see the need to, money was going in now and again. used bank account just to pay a few bills and mortgage and was nearly always in overdraft!!!

Hi

Are you applying for a spouse visa?

Did you account for the money you received as cash in your tax return?

Did you issue receipts for the cash payments?

Kind regards

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dear XXXXX

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I am applying for a spouse visa from morocco to uk.
It is proving very hard and strenuous right now.

All of my earnings are cash as am a taxi driver.
The money declared is all I make after expenses.
Yes I declared it as cash in tax returne.

Any advise is more the welcome and I thank you in advanced.

Kind regards
Mustapha
Hi Mustapha,

Do you have an accountant who prepares your accounts and submits your income tax return?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Tom for your quick response.
I do have a accountant who does it all for me

Drafing your answer now. 5 mins.

Tom
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

The UKBA guidance on meeting the financial requirement is here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

Please refer to section 9.3.6 of the above document, where you will see that there is nothing wrong with self—employment income being paid as cash-in-hand provided that you have paid the correct tax on it.

So, you will still be able to apply.

My advice would be to get in contact with your accountant and ask him to provide your tax return for the most recent tax year, together with your trading accounts to submit with the application.

You must also provide evidence of ongoing employment. So, this would be in the form of provision trading accounts for the current financial years, confirmation by way of letter from your accountant that you are continuing to trade and also a sworn statement from you advising that you are continuing to trade as a taxi drive.

You will see that the specified evidence that you must submit is contained at 9.6,1 of the above link.

Provided you follow the guidance you should be fine.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Hi

Please rate my answer. You have not done so yet. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your questions.

If you require further clarification on your question please just ask and I will reply.

Tom
Hi

Tom