How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi my girlfriend is in the uk on a tier5 chrity worker visa.

This answer was rated:


my girlfriend is in the uk on a tier5 chrity worker visa. she has just had it extended from 6 months for another 6 month period. i would like to know if we can get married in the uk on said visa ?

thanks in advance.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.


Strictly speaking yes you are allowed to, marry in the uk on a visa which is given for more than 6 months. However if your intention was to marry she should have obtained the correct visa from her home country.


Please see following link for further information :


Keeping the above in mind a lot of applicants do marry in the uk without having a marriage or a fiancé visa. So in your partner's case she will be permitted to marry in the uk.



I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer. Kind regards

UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you