How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13326
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

thanks for your earlier answer.having looked a little further

This answer was rated:

thanks for your earlier answer.
having looked a little further into the matter i have come across the surindher singh route. is this a legal way of having my (then) russian wife be able to live in the uk ? ie if i live / work in ireland for 3 months or so then we both come back to england.
Thank you for your question. The answer is yes. If you marry and you then obtain work in another EU state and live and work there for more than three months then you can apply for a family permit for your wife to come to the UK . You must be married or in civil partnership and you must be exercising EU rights - and you should expect to have to prove that just going to live in Ireland will not do it you will need to get job and it must be you not your wife.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for your answer thats so great to hear.

im wondering whether my russian wife will be able to come and live with me in ireland simply because she is my wife or whether she will need a particular visa ?

You will have check Irish law on the subject. I would expect so. I cant advice on Irish immigration law it is not he same as uK law but your wife is entitled under EU law to go with you so it is simply a question of whether a visa is necessary
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you