UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

Notice of intended prosecution

I am due to apply...

I am due to apply ILR on 31-08-2015. I got a notice of intended prosecution for over speeding by south wales Police. Offence date is 15-09-13 exceeding 70 MPH limit. How it is going to affect my application for ILR? I was otherwise thinking of applying via premium service to have the decision in 24 hour as my case was straight forward otherwise.

9/25/2013
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
My name isXXXXX and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

What speed were you doing? Have you been to court for anything else?

Never so far. It was 84MPH as per camera reading. I attended driving alertness course last year May as a result of an accident where i lost my way in valleys and turned right from side road to main road and another car hit my car from right side. According to other driver i came on his way and it was his right of Way.

OK. For this speed you are likely to be offered a fixed penalty which is a fine and 3 points. If you accept the fixed penalty your ILR will not be affected. Under the Good Character requirement you have to disclose convictions following a court appearance. A fixed penalty is not a conviction and does not involve court; therefore you do not have to disclose it in your application.

Roughly how much fine is expected?

The Fine will be £100 for the fixed penalty plus 3 points.

I am still waiting for my last question. How long it takes for the points on licence to be removed?

Hi. I cannot see your last question but to help you here is an answer about points:

The points will stay on your licence for 4 years. After that you can apply to DVLA to remove them.

The points will be taken into account if you commit a further motoring offence in the next 3 years.

If you accumulate 12 points in 3 years you could be disqualified from driving for a minimum of 6 months.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Actually we are going through unfavorable circumstances in our family life and was thinking something, not realizing that i am over speeding. Otherwise I always use the same route and never been over speeding.

I should be care full in future to avoid any problems.

You have clarified all the aspects about my query and I should be careful in future.

Many thanks.

Please remember to rate my answer. Happy to discuss further.

Alex
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Alice H
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor Advocate