How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Sir, I am going to appy for entrepreneur category TIER1

Customer Question

Dear Sir,

I am going to appy for entrepreneur category TIER1 to immigrate into the UK with my wife and my dauther born 07 Nov. 1995.

My dauther is offered a place in Kings college of London and will start her study from Sep. 23 this year.

Please advise how we may have my dauther in our application too.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ali,

Will you (or could you if you needed to) apply for your visa before your child reaches 18 years of age?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.


I am going to apply on October, 2013.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ali

The best advice that I can give will also be first: you should instruct the united kingdom based immigration solicitor to prepare your application for you and your daughter has your dependent they will know how to draft the application and also what is supporting documentation is necessary to submit with it to insure that you receive an approval.

It is absolutely crucial that you submit your application with your daughter has your dependent before she reaches 18 years of age. If you submit the application after she has reached 18 10 horrors will be rejected. This would mean that she would have to apply on her own and would not be able to apply as a dependent. This would presumably mean she would have to apply for a student visa, which is a lot more difficult.

The following web page contains a link in the top right hand corner for the eligibility criteria and policy guidance for dependents to apply:

If you have the necessary funds to be eligible for an entrepreneur visa I presume it is highly likely that you will be able to meet the maintenance obligations in terms of money for your daughter and her application as a dependent.

The reason that you must instruct a solicitor is because you have absolutely no flexibility. You will only be able to apply once before she turns 18 and therefore it is crucial that you get it right first time.

If this is useful please kindly click accept and rate my answer as okay service or above. If you do not then I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question.

Kind regards


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir,


My question is :


My daughther will have student visa by Sep. 23 . Having this visa is that possible I apply for her also as dependant?


Please reply.


Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

The fact that she already has a student visa does not prevent hair from applying again as a dependent. However, if she has a visa then you may consider simply letting her come to the uk on that caesar if you are satisfied that she will remain easily in compliance with the conditions of it.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

I have answered your question. I would be grateful if you would kindly rate my answer, I do not receive any credit for my time unless you rate my answer.


Related UK Immigration Law Questions